Sunday, April 18, 2004

"I don't know who will be hauled up next. I don't have the list"

Let ACA do its job, says Abdullah


New Straits Times
04-18-2004
Let ACA do its job, says Abdullah
Edition: New Sunday Times; 2*
Section: Nation

BANGI, Sat. - "I don't know who will be hauled up next. I don't have the list," Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said when asked who would be the next prominent person to be charged with corruption.

He said he would leave it to the Anti-Corruption Agency (ACA) to do its work.
"The ACA does its work and the results show how serious it is," he added.

"They (ACA) don't do work on the premise that, `Oh, let's give the Government a good image so let's start catching everybody'.

"I know the public has its perception, but we don't act based on perception. I have told the ...